Despite how miserable I feel, it hasn't been all bad. I finally got out a mirror to check out the nest some birds built on our front porch light. I figured I'd remove it if there were no eggs, but...
Six of them, hey! Very spring! Very cute! When they are hatched, we will have to keep a very close eye on Lil Wolfman Jack (Hot Dog) and make sure he doesn't killeat them.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, if I had to decide the best music of 2011 thus far, then Wild Flag & PJ Harvey's Let England Shake would take top honors.
Last Monday night's show was not only very cherry, but refreshing, too. The confidence & intelligence the women of Wild Flag exude is something I'm starved for. It acts as a cornerstone for their extreme ability to rock your face off. And they did. They did. I went to work the next morning partially deaf and upbeat.
They all wore pants! It's valuable to me in that they weren't trying to come off as sexy sexual sexed up sexxxx kittens. But, by default, what with their confidence, intelligence & rockin good choons, they came off as very sensual. What an important band this is! Check them out, please!
And getting back to Polly Jean Harvey, she has been consistentlyweird, artistic amazing from the moment I've ever known her -- 50 Ft. Queenie! Let England Shake is a very worthy album and if you need convincing, check out her Y0utube offerings. Watch them all. They're beautifully made, the latest one filmed by Seamus Murphy.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And getting back to Polly Jean Harvey, she has been consistently
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This Friday, we are going to Valley of the Vapors in Hot Springs to go see Surf City. Better grab some ear plugs. While I was ill, I compiled a list of things I'd like to do if I ever felt better, because, at one point, I wasn't sure I'd ever. I'd like to go on a walk, eat ice cream, wear earrings and other adornments, and wash my car. Plan a camping trip. Shoot my BB gun. I still feel way off. I'm dizzy and I don't sleep well. I'll deal, one thing at a time.
C L I C K A L L P H O T O S T O E N L A R G E
No comments:
Post a Comment